Saturday, June 6, 2015

VINTAGE CLOTHING

Here I am again.  I still have the cold and the black eye but am slowly improving.

In April Renningers had their vintage garden weekend and it is always lovely with lots of flowers and antiques worth buying.  I had just about made it out with a few small things and then I came upon this lst booth.  I looked at what was hanging and could not help myself.  She had 2 jackets and 1 skirt that she was selling for the maker.

I ended up buying a jacket and skirt.  They were brand new and signed Forever Yours b y Karen.  It was dated 1994. 21 years ago.  Apparently the gal used to make these and ship them to 2 boutiques in the Carolinas.   They sold in the $200. plus range at that time.  I paid $100. for the 2 pieces.  I have worn the jacket and may never wear the skirt.  It is very full and if I do I will probably remove a couple of sections first.

I wore the jacket to the annual garden club luncheon that Sue belongs to and it is held in the private Inverness Country Club in Inverness.  Sue is a member and takes me for Mother's Day every year.  I just made it back in time for this year being later coming home.

I have snapped a couple of pics then Harv took a couple with me wearing the jacket.  Here goes:













Being a sewer myself I was very impressed with the way she had put these together.  Very good workmanship.

6 comments:

deanna7trees said...

beautiful jacket. i made something similar with vintage linens many years ago. still have it and wear it occasionally. you could take the skirt apart and make something else with the pieces. looks like there's lots of gorgeous fabric there.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would say you got a tremendous bargain with those pieces, especially the jacket.

Gina E. said...

Gosh Freda, that outfit is something else! I don't think I would wear anything made out of table linens, but it is certainly a conversation piece! I just showed Ken the photo of you with the black eye and he screwed his face up, saying "oooooer,ouch" A horrible experience, lucky you didn't lose your eye, or knock yourself unconscious..i

Maggi said...

What a bargain. Both pieces are so beautiful and I love that skirt.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Beauitful! If you alter the skirt you can use the leftovers in your CQing!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

So pretty Freda! Great find.
Hugs